Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Complaining Conversations

Students tend to complain a lot. I’m certain that I hear almost twenty complaints every day from different individuals and I would lie if I said that I don’t do it either. Sometimes we do have reason to, but most of the time it’s not really justified. The problem with the complaining is that it becomes a part of our daily ritual and we use this as conversation.
I don’t want to be one of those who keep on babbling about how the speech of our youth has reduced to nothing more than pseudo language. Complaining is used to keep a conversation going when there is nothing more to say, I’ve used it for this purpose and so do you. Not only is it terribly annoying, but it’s good for nothing. I’m certain that by falling back to complaining in every conversation it causes narrow mindedness and before you know it you won’t be able to keep a good conversation going without complaining. What I’m trying to say is that it’s unhealthy!
Students shouldn’t complain too often, we have life handed to us. In a year (or a few) we will have a degree to show for all the hard work and effort. Think about those who don’t have the privilege of higher education and what the rest of their lives will be like. So if the work load gets too much or you have to wake up early for an 8 o’clock class or even stand five minutes longer in the queue for the printers, try not to complain, just start up a nice intellectual conversation with the person next to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate it!