Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Women in Art

I think women are wonderful beings. In history there has been widely discriminated against the fairer sex. Fortunately for them, men and women are fairly equal today. I would even go as far as to say that women are superior. Men don’t have that much power over them anymore and the roles are changing (I hear this rather often from my girlfriend). To be honest, it doesn’t bother me at all, I think it’s great!
I love women. I’m a very big admirer. I’m an admirer not only because of their beauty, divinity or gift to please a man, but because they have a lot to contribute to society. They are smart and when it comes to art they have much to share. A few female artists that I think is rather well known are; J.K. Rowling, who wrote “Harry Potter”, Ingrid Jonker, who wrote anti-apartheid poetry, Louise Bourgeoise, sculptor and founder of “confessional art” and then Joan Jett, who wrote “I love Rock and Roll” and played a big part, second to Suzi Quatro, in the early female rock genre. I also feel the need to add to the list Joni Mitchell who is a very inspiring singer/songwriter. These are just a few out of hundreds of talented and contributing female artists.
Now imagine if women like these were let loose from the start. If women were allowed to join and participate in art. How extraordinary art would’ve been today. Women should have received more credit and shouldn’t have been oppressed at all. Luckily for them, and people in the art industry like us, we live in a modern world. Wonderful and talented women are now encouraged and can now be applauded all over the globe for their extraordinary minds!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate it!